And They Lived Happily Ever After



And they lived happily ever after.  Isn’t that what we all want?  I know that’s what I want; I know I like to watch movies that have a good ending.  I hate it when movies end up sad and there is no resolve to a problem!  I know that in “real life” things don’t always turn out the way we hope and that we must face hard truths – but why should I have to watch it?  I like to watch a movie to escape…not to face more harsh reality!

I like the corny movies – the ones where the girl gets the guy of her dreams, where the bad guys get their due rewards, and the heroes get the deserved recognition.  I especially love old movies from the 40’s.  During that era everyone dressed up – guys even wore a tie to baseball games!  In those days the administration did not allow criminals to get away with their crimes – by the end of the movie they had to be caught.  I like that and of course wish it would always be that way!

 
I was thinking about that this morning, and I realized that for those of us that are saved we really will live happily ever after…in heaven.  That is the only real happily ever after that exists!  I want that for all of us, and most importantly, so does the Lord.  The Bible says in John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
God wants each one of us to live happily ever after with Him in heaven.  If you have been born again, trusted Christ as your Savior – you have His promise for eternal life that He purchased for you with His own blood that He shed when He died for you on the cross.  His infinite love for us is amazing.  Right now He is preparing a place for us so that we can be with Him.  “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”  John 14:2, 3

“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”  Revelation 21:3, 4 
One day, if you have been born again you will live happily ever after in heaven with the Lord.  If you have not yet trusted Christ’s finished work on the cross for your salvation, won’t you do that today?  

These verses from Romans 10 will help you.

9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I hope you have a wonderful day realizing that you really will live happily ever after!

Comments

  1. Me too-no sad or drama movies for me...to real and I hate getting emotionally invested in a movie : ) ha
    Good article. Neat perspective - encouraging!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis