Good Success

One of my greatest desires and concerns as a young mother was to see my children grow to fulfill God’s will for their lives. I always wanted to be as good a mother as I could possibly be – my children are my heart – no matter how grown up they are, they are constantly on my mind and in my prayers.

Now I am not a young mother – I have eight adult children and 12 precious grandchildren. As I write this my eyes are welling overcome with love for each one of them. I want so desperately for each one to have “good success.” There is only one verse in the Bible that promises just that…good success. It is in Joshua 1:8 which says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”

I can’t say I’ve arrived, but I am happy to say that it looks like we’re on the right path. A few weeks ago my husband and I had the joy of spending a few days with 6 of our grandchildren. On one of the days we took the kids to park. They had a great time playing together, and they began to make new friends with the other children that were playing in the park. As I sat watching them interact with the other children, I began to reminisce in my mind of when my own children were little and how so often they would end up giving the other children gospel tracts.

It seems that I no sooner had that thought/memory when our oldest grandson came over and asked if we had a tract that he could give to one of the kids he met as he had just invited him to church! Praisalujah! I was one happy grammie! At that point my grandkids changed their focus from playing to soulwinning. In fact they began to look at all the people in the park and wanted to make sure that each one received an invitation to church! I found it so precious when my granddaughter looked at the nearby school (whose yard was right by the park separated by a chain link fence) and said, "Grammie, what about all those kids - we need to ask them too!"

I know that I was far from being a perfect mom, but I sincerely tried to do my best to follow the Lord as I was raising my children. I sincerely pray to do my best now as the mom of adult children and as a grammie. On that day I saw God’s mercy on my imperfections and found such joy as I witnessed my children’s children reaching out to the other kids at the park. "But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children." Psalm 103:17

Thank you Lord for your precious Word and your loving mercy. Have a wonderful day!

Comments

  1. Terrie I Am your mom and it does my heart good to see that you not only turn out to be and awesome daughter but also a wonderful Mom and grandmother we are so proud of you and your your family what a blessing love you always Mom <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis