I Want To Be A Battle Axe

You may ask, why in the world would I want to be a battle axe?  I know the term “battle axe” is used negatively towards the wife. It indicates that the woman is fierce with strong opinions.  This morning in my Bible reading, as I read Jeremiah 51, I decided that I want to be a battle axe!

Every man is brutish by his knowledge; every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them. They are vanity, the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish. The portion of Jacob is not like them; for he is the former of all things: and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the LORD of hosts is his name. Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;  And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider;  With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid;  I will also break in pieces with thee the shepherd and his flock; and with thee will I break in pieces the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers. And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD.”  Jeremiah 51:17-24

The Lord is telling the portion of Judah that they are His battle axe and 11 times He says, “With thee will I" destroy, break in pieces, and render to all the inhabitants of Chaldea of all their evil.  As I read that I thought of how we are the bride and Christ is the groom, and maybe it’s a stretch – but I thought of how we, as the bride, can, as we’re used of God, destroy evil in this world.  Not by waging war, but by soul winning, by giving the Gospel to a lost and dying world by fulfilling the Great Commission.  God wants for us to do His will.  He said over and over, “with thee will I” accomplish My plan and purpose- my righteousness.

I also thought about how that, as a wife that is a battle axe, I can help my husband.  As a pastor his goal is to be used of God to make a difference in this world, reach the lost, help Christians to grow in grace so that they too can reach the lost – and as his wife I can either help him or deter him.  Every wife is either an asset or a liability to her husband.  As a battle axe, with you, he can conquer the world by fulfilling the role God has for him.

 I want to be a fierce woman that is a warrior when it comes to helping my husband – that is what I was made to do!  I am of the strong opinion that my husband can be used of God to fulfill the vision God has given him! I was made to be a help meet for him so that he can bring glory to God.  The best way I can do that is by being “with him.”  “And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” Genesis 2:18

So, ladies, are you with me?  Who wants to be a battle axe for the Lord so that it can be said of you, “with thee will I”? 



I hope that many of you will determine to be a battle axe!  Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis

And They Lived Happily Ever After