SEEK

2015 was the first year I can remember that God gave me a verse to claim as my theme verse for the year.  Luke 1:38, “And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.  With that He also gave me a word, “believe,” and a song – “I Believe God.”  Now, I am sure He gave me all of those to equip me as we have stepped out by faith leaving everyone and everything behind us to go on deputation as US Missionary Church Planters!  Over and over again throughout the year the Lord used His Word, His Song, and “Believe” to help and encourage me.

Well, now it is 2016 – and I decided that I want a new word.  I spent several days praying about it and asking the Lord to give me a theme word for 2016.  His answer?  Seek!  I spent a good portion of the afternoon yesterday studying the meaning, the several (over 233) times it is used in the Bible, and exactly how and what we are to seek.  Wow!  It is amazing how this little word can pack such a punch!

Seek:  A verb meaning to go in search of, to try, to try to find, try to obtain, try to attempt, to go to, to ask for, to search or explore, to make inquiry.  These all seem like a good thing to implement in my day – every day.

In searching the Scriptures, I have found many applications for “seek,” and again I found that applying this to my thought patterns and responses will help me in my daily walk with God.  

Here is a list:

  1. Seek the Lord
  2. Seek the Kingdom of God
  3. Seek His Righteousness
  4. Seek Peace
  5. Seek His Face
  6. Seek the law
  7. Seek His precepts
  8. Seek good
  9. Seek ye out of the Book of the Lord
  10. Seek judgment
  11. Seek by prayer
  12. Seek by supplications
  13. Seek ye the lost
  14. Seek Meekness
  15. Seek His strength
  16. Seek to dwell in the house of the Lord
  17. Seek to behold His beauty
  18. Seek God
  19. Seek
  20. Seek all the commandments
  21. Seek the Will of the Father
  22. Seek to enter in at the strait gate
  23. Seek to Please Christ
  24. Seek to be justified
  25. Seek those things which are above

While many “seeks” on the list seem almost redundant – the subtle differences add another layer, a different dimension, and further opportunity for growth.

In my further quest, I asked the Lord for a verse – what one Scripture should be my theme for this year.  I have prayed and sought the Lord for which one verse, as there are so many!

I considered these verses listed below for my theme verse, and have decided to memorize each one of them!

Mt 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Ps 105:4  Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Mt 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

The Verse that God placed on my heart is…



Psalms 63:1   O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;






and for my song, the Lord has placed on my heart a song I have loved for so many years - it was the school theme verse the year my oldest son graduated from high school.  This song served as a prayer of my heart for not only myself, but for my children, that they would be able to sing this song with all their heart to the Lord!


My Life Lord is Yours to Control

With my whole heart I humbly seek You;
Now use my life, O Lord, I pray.
I yield my stubborn will completely;
May Your commandments light my way.
Chorus
My life, Lord, is Yours to control;
I give You my heart and my soul.
I'll seek Your will, never mine,
Rich treasure to find.
Give wisdom to choices I make
Along ev'ry path that I take,
So when I complete life's race
"Well done," You will say.
Your Word has promised me the vict'ry,
And all I need to do is claim
Your strength to soar with wings as eagles,
To walk, to run, and not to faint. Chorus

My heart is so full already in just preparing my theme word, Scripture, and song.  I encourage you to spend time with God and ask Him to help you find a word, a verse, a song to enhance your daily walk and relationship with God.  I am already helped!  I hope this may help you too!

If you choose to join me – please let me know, so we can encourage each other.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis