All


A L L

I like to remember it this way...

A-always
L- look for the
L- Lord

All…that is a big word for having just 3 little letters.  It is big because it is completely inclusive; it leaves nothing out!  For the last several days I have been pondering over the verse in Psalm 10 that states that the wicked, in their pride do not seek after God because God is not in all their thoughts.  

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.  Ps 10:4

This is not saying that God is not in any of their thoughts, it is saying that it is wicked and proud to think we don’t need God; it is wicked when God is not in ALL our thoughts.  In other words, when I think I can handle something on my own, I am being wicked and proud, because in that action or thought process I am not including God.  Wow!  

How many mindless things do we do every single day and not consider God?  How many times do we do something without praying because we’ve done it a million times, we know it is the right way, it doesn’t seem miraculous…or because we believe the popular saying, “you’ve got this”?  I imagine that most all of us have encouraged someone with those very words without considering that it is a form of pride that God hates!

I have been “blessed” with a chronic health condition.  I find myself often discouraged feeling a sense of uselessness because I can’t do all that I once was able to do.  I talk about the grace of God, but as I have pondered “all” my thoughts, and how often the Lord commands us to walk with Him, consider Him, acknowledge Him, glorify Him, pray to Him (without ceasing…another form of always or “at all times”) I realize how much I don’t always seek the Lord first - or how many of all my thoughts He is not included. 

There are many commandments and rich promises to those that include God in all their all.  Here are a few for you to ponder.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6 (promise)


De 6:7   And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (commandment)


De 11:19   And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (commandment)


1Co 10:31   Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (commandment)


Jos 1:8   This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (promise)

“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”  Matthew 6:33  (promise)

Father, forgive my pride, and please help me to make sure to include you in all my all.  I pray for all who read this to be helped and that they too will remember to include YOU in all their thoughts.

Thank you for reading this today.

Have a wonderful day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis