Family

Today is Good Friday - Easter is this Sunday, and it will be the first time since 1979 that we haven't had any of our children with us for the holiday. We are spending the day today with our oldest son and his family, and then on Monday we will spend time with them again, as as well as with our daughter and her family; we're making the best of it:) One of the things that has been on my mind is making sure that our kids are taken care of for the holiday...I know, I know they are all grown, married, and have their own children - but a mom never stops being a mom! Thankfully the two that live close to each other are spending Easter Day together.

Yesterday I read a "tweet" from one of my sons as he was happy that one of his converts had been baptized, has been faithfully attending church, and has begun attending a discipleship class. I was blessed as I read it, and then further blessed when I saw that our other son responded to his tweet expressing his shared happiness and encouragement to his brother...truly my soul was blessed. I started thinking about how much it means to us moms to have our children love each other, get along with each other, and really share a close relationship together. I am very thankful that our children are close and though 2 of them are separated by many miles from the other 2, our children all still talk with each other, and keep a close relationship.

I am convinced that this desire is one placed on our hearts by our Heavenly Father as He too desires that we, His children, love one another. I Thessalonians 4:9 says, "But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another." On the other side of this, God says that if we don't love our brethren, we don't love God...that is a very strong statement. It is very painful to God when His children do not love one another - and I believe that parents hold that same sentiment - it is heartbreaking when siblings don't get along.

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." Psalm 133:1-3


Thank you Danny, Genny, Jason, Mary, Kellie, Dan, Jon, & Rachel for loving each other; it is a blessing to us and joy to our family! Happy Easter!

Today's song: God's Family

And sometimes we laugh together
Sometimes we cry
Sometimes we share together
Heartaches and sighs
Sometimes we dream together
Of how it will be
When we all get to heaven, God's family


Yes, this Easter we can't all be together, but one day we'll all be together forever! Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis