Living By Faith


When you read what I am about to say you are probably going to think I am the slowest Christian ever!  Until yesterday I never considered that "having faith" is actually a commandment!  Jesus said, “And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.  Mark 11:22  He said it in another way also in John 14:1, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”


I hear people say how they try to believe, they try to have faith, they wish they could have faith – yet Jesus told us to have faith!  That is really a tough one, because we never consider believing in something as a choice – it is something we do or don’t do – but not something we think about choosing.  The truth is – we do choose what we are going to believe!  That is where our deceitful hearts get us – because we make belief choices on what we think or how we feel.  I know that many will say that you can’t be told to believe something you don’t believe, but the only reason you don’t believe something is because it goes against what you want to accept.  Those that choose to believe abortion is okay have convinced themselves that the baby is a fetus, a blob of cells, an inconvenience, and they choose to believe it is their right to make a choice whether or not they will continue their pregnancy.  Common sense should convince everyone to realize that if an abortion means a baby won’t be born, it is ending a life – yet those who want that “right” or “freedom” reject that belief.  It is hard to imagine that it is legal to end a life simply because it is an inconvenience because people have chosen to believe


Now, with all of that said – when we do not have faith, when we do not believe in Jesus, we are disobeying the Lord!  That is so very convicting to me, because how often do we worry, or find ourselves stressed out over something every day?  I realize that I am more of a sinner than it would appear!   I am earnestly seeking to live my life by faith.  I know I am completely dependent upon the Lord – as we all are, whether we realize it or not; but how easy it is to waiver in faith when we can’t see how things will work out.   


In my journey to please the Lord, it is my earnest desire to “have faith in God” and I certainly have a measure of faith – but I know that too often I waiver and look at the circumstances instead of the Saviour.  I know that “…without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”  Hebrews 11:4  


My song for today is “Living By Faith”

  1. I care not today what the morrow may bring,
    If shadow or sunshine or rain,
    The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything,
    And all of my worries are vain.
    • Refrain:
      Living by faith in Jesus above,
      Trusting, confiding in His great love;
      From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,
      I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.
  2. Though tempests may blow and the storm clouds arise,
    Obscuring the brightness of life,
    I’m never alarmed at the overcast skies—
    The Master looks on at the strife.
  3. I know that He safely will carry me through,
    No matter what evils betide;
    Why should I then care though the tempest may blow,
    If Jesus walks close to my side.
  4. Our Lord will return for His loved ones someday,
    Our troubles will then all be o’er;
    The Master so gently will lead us away,
    Beyond that blest heavenly shore.

Have Faith in God – it is a commandment!  Today, I pray that we’ll choose to live by faith – God has a promise for those that make that obedient choice – “…he is a rewarder of them…”


Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis