Who's It All About?

This year, 2016, my theme, my goal is to “seek” Jesus, the Lord, in everything.  Now, I know that I am a Christian and have sought the Lord for nearly 31 years.  I am thankful that through the years, I have grown closer to the Lord, and He has done so many amazing things in me, through me, and most especially FOR me!  This year, in my “seeking” the Lord has shown me what probably every other Christian knows and I have just been too self-focused to notice. 
 
I am sharing this because it has helped me tremendously and I pray that those of you like me that never “looked” at the Bible through this view may be helped also.  You see, for the first 27 years of my life, I was raised in a religion that never focused on the Bible at all.  It was something that I was never encouraged to read or study, and I was simply told what my religion told me I needed to know about it – and as long as I followed their rules, I would be “okay.”  Then, on May 9, 1985, I was born again.  I received the Lord as my Saviour after my loving friend, Corinne Turner and her husband showed me what the Bible said about salvation, going to heaven, and my sin condition.  I was so elated to know that I could go to heaven and that the burden of trying to get there was not on my shoulders – because that morning – that very morning, I realized that I was not going to be able to get there on my own merit.  I realized, I am sure because of the folks that were praying for my soul, that I would not go to heaven.  It was a fearful place to be to know the truth of my destiny without knowing the only remedy to change it.  You can only imagine how I felt to learn the truth – it indeed made me free! 

Then, you can further only imagine what I felt when I got home to receive a phone call from my husband’s dying grandmother telling me that she felt well enough that day to go out and that she was impressed upon to buy me a Bible!  Can you imagine getting saved, and then finding out that while you were asking the Lord to save you, that He was using an 80-year old, terminally ill grandmother to buy you a Bible?  Wow!

On that day, I determined that if God made it that evident that the Bible was important for me to have, that I would make sure to read it.  I still remember the first day I started reading a Proverb a day – it was May 20, 1985…I still remember that every time I read that Proverb.  God’s Word is so precious to me.  I have made it a point to read it cover to cover every year – at least once every year since that time.  So, you would think with all of that – this new epiphany in my life would have happened a long time ago!

So, what is it, who is "IT" all about? 
The Bible is not about man…it is about God, God the Father, God, the Son, and God, The Holy Spirit!  The story of creation is not about Adam and Eve – it is about how God created them!  The story of Adam and Eve’s fall is not about me – it is about God’s provision to pay for sin!  Noah and the Ark – is about showing us God’s mighty power!  Every story in the Bible is to show us God and His greatness!  Jesus said, “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.”  John 5:39.
I hear people speak of doing things to gain favor, but Jesus was saying, was teaching here that while we are searching for eternal life – God is showing us the answer, the testimony of Jesus.  The whole Bible is a testimony of what Jesus has done!

I know that in most stories we will see a type of Christ, we will see a picture of the death, burial, and resurrection, but I still was looking at the men rather than the Saviour.  I would try to be like the men in the Bible so I could get the outcome that I hoped for.  The Lord has shown me, that each of these accounts, show what God can do.  In every person’s life – the answer was and is Jesus, and what He can do in spite of us.  In every biblical account – our awe should be in the realization that Jesus did that!

He created, He knows everything, He is everywhere, He is alone worthy to be glorified…I am saying things I’ve always said, but they have new meaning.  You see, now instead of looking at David and how he used a sling – it is God using a willing vessel to get His will done.  We are just so bent on looking at what we can see!  I know that sounds ridiculous – but “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  Every account in the Bible is evidence of Jesus, that He is God, that He is the One that has the solutions!   
 
Now the man out of whom the devils were departed besought him that he might be with him: but Jesus sent him away, saying, Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him. And it came to pass, that, when Jesus was returned, the people gladly received him: for they were all waiting for him.”  Luke 8:38-40

 I stand amazed, I stand amazed;
Of the love that has sought me, saved me and bought me,
I stand amazed.

Read your Bible, and seek Jesus – you will find Him everywhere, in all things, and you will realize a greater love for Christ.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis

And They Lived Happily Ever After