Whose Making You?

As long as I can remember, I have always loved to cook and bake. I remember being a nine-year old girl and cooking dinner for my family - not that I was forced to do so, but because I wanted to prepare the food. One thing that I especially enjoy doing is tasting something, guessing the ingredients, and then preparing it for myself. For the most part I have been pretty successful, but there have been a few times when I just couldn't quite get the right flavor. When that happens I look up several recipes and then assemble what I believe my husband will best enjoy eating.

I guess you could say that when it comes to cooking I like to be able to make meals that are not only nutritious, or something used to fill our tummies, but also something that is made well and enjoyable to eat. When I begin to cook I always imagine the flavor I expect for the meal I am making to produce. I have thought a lot about making things and how that in order for most anything to be made you must follow a plan, a recipe, an idea, or even your tastebuds!

For the last several weeks I have had a verse on my heart that Jesus spoke in Matthew 4:19, he said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." In Mark 1:17, He is quoted as saying, "Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." I know that we are commanded to "go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature;" but not everyone is obeying that commandment. As I pondered the verses quoted above and thought of the Great Commission, I realized that if we were really following Jesus - He would make us to be fishers of men - if we haven't been made thus its because we aren't following!

God promised to make us...

* Fishers of men" - if we follow Him (Matthew 4:19)
* Free - when we know the truth (John 8:32)
* "...to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men" - by faith (I Thessalonians 3:6-12)
* "...perfect in every good work to do his will..." - through the blood of His everlasting convenant (Hebrews 13:20-21)
* "...perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." - after you have suffered a while (I Peter 5:10)
* "...that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." - as we grow in grace (II Peter 4:1-8)

I would love to be made all of these things for my Savior and what a joy to know that I can be by following Him and His Holy Word! I don't want to follow the wrong recipe and be made into something that is not savory or undesirable. It is my prayer that I will follow the Lord and let Him make me - after all He is the potter and I am the clay. I believe our greatest joy is found when we fulfill the purpose for which we were created - and become what we were made to be. May your joy be full and may you become all that God has intended for your life!

Have a wonderfu day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis