I'm a Priest and I'm Married to An Angel

Crazy title - but believe it or not it is the truth! According to the Bible, the pastor is an angel, meaning God's messenger - so I really am married to an angel. The Bible also says in I Peter 2:9, "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:" So, I am also a priest - meaning that I can go boldly to the Throne of Grace (I don't have to go through the priest to get my prayers heard, or to confess my sins, I can go right to the Heavenly Father)!

The thing about being a priest is that there is a lot of responsibility that goes along with it such as:

1. Be holy (be separated from the world to God)
2. Be peculiar (not weird, just different from the world)
3. Show forth the praises of Jesus (or bring Glory to God)

Now when the first priests were called out from among the others to serve the Lord, it is kind of interesting to see what the Bible instructs for them. In Exodus 28:1 & 2 the Bible says, "And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron’s sons. And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty." The first thing mentioned is what they should wear! According to this verse we, as priests should dress to bring glory to God, AND for beauty. I am very happy about that because I really like to try to look my best.

We live in a day where people really don't seem to care how they dress at all. I see people walk around in their pajamas, unkempt hair, slippers, no make-up...and I guess if that's what they want to do, it's up to the individual. Christians on the other hand should not follow the path of sloppiness, (which is laziness), instead think about the fact that everywhere you go you are representing the Lord, Jesus (even at the grocery store). Now, I am not saying that you have to look like the ladies we see on some of these Christian tv networks with painted faces, big hair, and huge flashy jewelry; I am saying that our clothing, what we wear on the outside, should match what God is doing on the inside - that would be clean, without spot or wrinkle, nicely scented, and beautiful. You know most women feel better when they know they have tried to look their best. Please understand, I am not talking about vain beauty - you're not dressing for your own glory so that people will praise you - you should be dressing so that you bring Glory to God!

Today, when you are ready to walk out the door ask yourself, "if I run into someone, will I want to hide?" or "if I have the opportunity to witness to someone, what impression will they have of what my Savior has done for me?" If you don't like your answer, go change your clothes, you'll feel much better.

Have a wonderful day today ladies...I love you.

Comments

  1. Amen! to that it's true women today for the most dont care what they look like GOD made us beautiful on the inside lets show it on the out side as well. love Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis