He Feedeth Among the Lilies

“My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth;…” Song of Solomon 2:10 – 12

My beloved is the Lord, my God. At some point in every Christian’s life the Lord will come to us and tell us that it is time that we grow closer to Him. He is very longsuffering with us and our weaknesses, however, there comes a time when He tells us that it is time to rise up and come away from where we are. “When I was a child, I spake as a child, understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.” I Corinthians 13:11 The Lord will tell us when it is time to grow. He will speak to us through His Word, the preaching of His Word, or as we read it; through song, or through trials in our life. As Christians we must be constantly growing and “rising up” or we will find ourselves slipping or sliding backwards. In Song of Solomon, this Christian woman had a tender heart and willingly listened to the Lord’s dealing with her as evidenced by her response, “…let me hear thy voice…” Song of Solomon 2:14 She later confirms that she not only wants to hear what the Lord has for her, she states that she is His, and as such at His mercy to do what He wants in Song of Solomon 2:16, “My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.” The lilies – considered an emblem of purity and love; they grow in the valley as well as in open plains; they are beautiful and fragrant. The Lord will feed us when we are in the valley, or anytime. Ladies, let’s follow her example and keep our hearts tender towards our Lord and rise up and come away from the things that would prevent us from growing closer to our Saviour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis