Yesterday my husband and I enjoyed a fun day of shopping for our granddaughter’s birthday gift, and then spontaneously drove up to San Francisco to walk around and have a meal. Throughout the day we kept hearing advertisers capitalize on the new buzz words… "Stimulus Package" or "bail outs." As we were talking about it, my husband decided that we should provide a Christian Stimulus Program. The program would provide necessary ingredients that will Stimulate Christian growth and guarantee receipt of God‘s precious promises.
1. PRAY “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.” Matthew 21:22
2. PERUSE the Bible – that word peruse means to analyze, browse, glance over, inspect, look through, pore over, read, scan, scrutinize, skim, study. “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.” Revelation 1:3
3. PRACTICE – Don’t just peruse the Bible, practice what the Bible preaches and teaches. “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” James 1:25
4. PREACH Go to church and hear the preaching of God’s Word, AND GO soulwinning. “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” Ephesians 4:11, 12 “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. “ Matthew 28:19
5. PAY your tithes. “Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” Malachi 3:10
6. PSALMS - that is a sacred song or hymn – listen to and sing godly, Christian music. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” Colossians 3:16
7. PRAISE – Praise the Lord! “Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee. Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.” Psalm 67:5, 6