Waiting

Waiting is one of the most difficult aspects of every event in our lives. It seems that we are always waiting for something. We wait in line, we wait for time to pass, we wait for results…on and on it goes. One thing that most people have in common is that nobody likes to wait; we want what we want now. Right now it seems that I find myself in a position of waiting for major things. It can be trying. The Lord brought Isaiah 40:31 to my mind yesterday in my devotion time. It says, “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” Waiting brings many things other than the hoped for outcome.
1. When we wait upon the Lord He will renew our strength…strength as Christians, strength in faith, strength to do His will and work for His glory.
2. As I ponder the idea of mounting up with wings as eagles I imagine soaring through the next phase on a “Spiritual High” because of God’s answer.
3. To be able to run and not be weary and walk without growing tired, I believe is a picture of forging ahead with confidence in our Lord.
During the 24 years I have been saved I have waited on the Lord for many things and found that what He gives is well worth the wait. I remember when we thought we were going to get a certain property for our church and God closed the door; and then as we were praying and waiting on Him, he brought us to our current property that is so much more than we thought we would ever be able to get! I am stilled amazed. And now as we are waiting on so many things- like for the economy to turn around, I trust that this promise in Isaiah will be a help and encouragement to you. Remember that the blessing is not in the waiting, but in Who we are waiting on. Psalm 27:14 says, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis