Fallen out Rather Unto the Furtherance

When my children were babies it seemed they were continually getting ear infections. In fact, 2 of my children had to have tubes put in their ears to allow for proper drainage - and so they could hear clearly (instead of the muffled underwater sounds they were hearing). So far 2 of my granchildren have had to have the same thing done, not surprisingly they are the children of my children that had the procedure.

When my youngest son was born I noticed something that looked different about his tongue when he cried - as it turned out he was what they called "tongue tied," meaning that he needed to have his frenulum clipped. This same son at the age of two fell off a big wheel and his 2 front teeth were knocked out! Then, believe it or not 2 years later when he was four, a store display cabinet fell over on him and knocked out the dentures he wore so that he would have teeth in place as he learned to talk! It sure seemed like something was going on with his mouth, and we had to keep working to protect it. This same son today travels to churches singing with a trio, he is a preacher of the Gospel, and he is a soul winner; in other words he is using his mouth to the glory of God!

My son could certainly have tried to say that he couldn't use his mouth with all the problems he had as a child, but as the Bible says in Exodus 4:11, "And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? ... have not I the LORD?" Instead I believe that we all realized the importance of the mouth. My second son's life verse is Psalm 34:1, "I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." As adults our kids formed a trio in our church aptly named, "The New Song Trio" taken from Psalm 40:3, "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD."

Through the trials that our children endured I believe the Lord placed an importance of the use the of the mouth in our hearts that has affected the lives of our children and ultimately the lives of those they have impacted. All of my sons are preachers, in fact my husband and I were so blessed this summer when we were out of town for two Sundays and our sons filled his pulpit in his absence. We were pleased as we realized that if we had to be gone 2 more weeks, we have 2 more sons, and either of them could have taken a turn to fill the pulpit as well. We praise the Lord for His working in their lives, and count it a blessing that our childen all eight of them are serving the Lord (our four and their mates). All of them are using their mouths for the Glory of God!

I said all of that to say that those things that are difficulties in your life can be turned to blessings and to honour the Lord. Don't allow the hard things that befall you to turn you away from God, but rather turn to the Lord and allow Him to work in you through your trials...you will see by and by the good that can come as a result. "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things [which happened] unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel..." Philippians 1:12

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis