Oh My!

Have you ever had an experience that was so embarrasing you were mortified? I am sure that I have more than my fair share of those types of things, but I am thinking of 2 "mall" experiences. The first one didn't affect me as much because I was only in junior high. I had gone shopping with my mom (of coure she is the queen of shoppers - taking after her mom), my cousins, and one of my cousin's friends. I am not sure whose car we were in, but what I remember is that the car was a clunker, and for some reason the horn would just decide to honk as if it had a mind of its own. On this beautiful sunny day when everyone in the world is outside- we had the privilege of driving home in the clunker with horn blaring the entire way home...oh my! My cousin's friend wore her sunglasses and a hat hoping that no one would recognize her - we all had a good laugh over the situation.

The second time we had an incident at a mall happened when I was a teenager - and I was with a few of my friends. We had just parked the car - and you know how sometimes as you're walking to the mall the wind kicks up and blows your hair? Well, on this particular day when the wind blew, my friend used the window of a car to fix her hair, and then she checked her makeup and began putting on her lipstick - when to her horror, all of a sudden she realized that there was a guy in the car just watching her! Actually, he was smiling and finally tapped the window and waved at her! Oh My! now that was embarrassing, for her anyway. She was mortified, but then we all laughed and laughed everytime we thought about it.

Sometimes things happen in our lives that humble us a little, but that's okay because Proverbs 29:23 says, "A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit." So when we have these "mortifying" or humbling experiences - learn to laugh at yourself - don't take yourself too seriously, its okay- remember " A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

Catch yourself doing something ditzy? Oh well, laugh it off, and share it with someone that needs a good laugh - you may be the prescription they need.

Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis