My God is So Big

I am at home enjoying a beautiful morning. The sun is shining through a light cloud cover; it is warm, but not too hot. I am adjusting to a completely different schedule in my life – or should I say trying to develop a new schedule. For the first time in many years, I am not working. Today is (for many) the first of school, but I am not there; it is a strange feeling indeed.

I determined that I would try to get some things done at home that I have not been able to get to since we moved here in May. Of course, you know sorting through anything always leads to memories. I have found a “picture” box that has pictures from many years gone by…my children were so little, and I looked so much younger. My how things have changed. Changes…they are a part of life. I am reminded of the verse in Psalm 55, verse 19 which says, “…Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.”

When things change we often feel insecure or even frightened, which should lead us as Christians to pray and seek help from the Lord. The verse I quoted above is talking about people that do things that displease the Lord, and because as far as they can see nothing bad has happened to them, they are not afraid of what will happen in the future; they aren’t worried about what God thinks.

In this past year my life has undergone tremendous changes – family members that lived so near are now far away; church members that were serving the Lord have stepped away from serving; ministries that consumed hours of my time are no more…changes. When Job’s life changed so drastically he said, “…changes and war are against me.” At that point in his life, he wished that he had never been born. Such a depressing time in his life…but let’s fast forward now and take a look at the whole picture, the end of the story.

In Job 38 and 40, the Lord answered Job in the whirlwind; and for the first time in the Book of Job, he is listening to God, he is looking at Who God is, and finally in Job 42:2; 5-6 he says, “I know that thou canst do every thing…I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” And the end of the story…Job 42:10, “And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.”

Through the difficulties and changes that Job endured, he had a renewed “fear” of God – he saw who God was and what He could do. It is a good thing to fear the Lord, and sometimes it takes changes in our lives to make us see just Who God really is, and all that He can do!

Are you facing whirlwind changes in your life? Are you facing dark, stormy times? Please remember that these changes will help you to fear, reverence, become awestruck with our mighty God. Be encouraged with these words from Nahum 1:3… “the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm…”

“He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.” Psalm 115:13, 14

Carry this “children’s song” with you today…

My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY; there’s nothing that He cannot do …for you!

I love you…have a wonderful day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

And They Lived Happily Ever After

Surviving a Crisis