“And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.” Luke 12:42-44
In studying Proverbs 31, I have found that the virtuous woman is a faithful, wise, and good steward – (one who cares for another’s possessions). In fact everything we see about the virtuous woman is that what she does benefits her husband. Her actions portray an attitude of submission. She is not fighting her husband, but she is serving him and making sure that everything he needs for success is ready. The fact that the virtuous woman is giving meat to her household and considers a field and purchases it shows that he has made her ruler over all that they have. Submission is not bondage! Let me illustrate. If your area in the home is to care for the clothing and your husband keeps finding that he has no clean clothes, he may begin to nag you and try to set a schedule for you to do the laundry. Because you have not submitted to his needs, he feels he must rule you in this area. Financially – let’s say you have set up a budget, but your husband finds that you are blowing your budget; the next time you go shopping, your husband may insist that you use cash so that you stay on the budget. Lack of submission brings bondage. A virtuous woman is one that is wise and faithful. She is submissive and therefore has freedom to rule over all that they have.
So, what can you do to show that you have a submissive attitude?
Here is a list of 7 ways to delight your husband:)
1. Keep him #1
2. Stay by him through thick and thin
3. Keep a walk with God and pray for him
4. Don’t get sidetracked from your purpose (your husband), your goal should be to help him achieve his greatest success - fulfilling God's plan for your lives.
5. Do what he likes and build your relationship by carefully listening to him – use what you did when you were dating to encourage him
6. Trust and obey him (don’t fight him every time he wants to do something)
7. Be his #1 cheerleader