Revelation 19:9, “And he saith unto me, Write Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb…” Solomon 2:4 says, “He brought me to banqueting house…” (this is equivalent to being called to the marriage supper of the Lamb) “…and His banner over me was love.” A banner is like a flag that is lifted up or held high to stand for something. It is conspicuous or easily seen. To be called to the banquet is a blessing, but this goes further, it is saying, “I want everyone to know that you have been called and you are here because I (God) love you.
To be invited to a banquet during the time that this was written went like this…
1. A servant would be sent to invite you- Christian, we are God’s servants and we are instructed to go; to invite others to the marriage supper of the Lamb.
2. Only those that receive the invitation and accept it can come. Only those that receive Christ as their Saviour can go the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Heaven)
3. After they accept the invitation, the servant was to inform the guest that their presence would be looked for.
Going to Heaven is that easy- God loves you and wants you to be there for eternity, but only those granted righteousness can go. To be granted that righteousness, you need to place your complete trust for salvation (eternal life in Heaven) in Christ and ask His forgiveness; for most of you this is very elementary, but I would like to look at the statement in Song of Solomon 2:4, “…his banner over me was love.” We have all heard John 3:16, we know that God loved us enough to send His only begotten Son to pay our sin debt by dying for our sins on the cross. God’s love for us is very clearly evident – He made it very conspicuous. Our love also should be conspicuous!
Create a banner (a standard of living) that says you love your family by following God's example.
1. Be committed to meet the needs of your loved ones. Love is a commitment to meet needs- by sacrifice and giving. The Lord did, and His banner over me is love. Your love for the Lord and the people He died to save should stand out! “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 "And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment." I John 3:23
2. Put others before yourself. (Make sure you fulfill your responsibilities, if it means missing a meal, staying up late, etc.) The people in your life have different needs- strive to meet their needs and make your love for them conspicuous! “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.” I John 3:36
3. Exercise Faith – though we have never seen God, the proof that God is real is evidenced (remember as a banner)by our love for others – “No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.” I John 4:12
Make sure your loved ones KNOW how much you love them by your actions - words cannot express what your actions prove. Isn't it wonderful to know how much our Saviour loves us? Have a wonderful day ladies...I love you.