We Should Tell Everybody About This

Many years ago when my children were all still quite young I recall an incident that happened one evening as we were on our way home from church. At that time we lived about 25 miles away from church, so especially on Wednesday evenings it seemed so late by the time we got home. On this particular evening – we ran out of gas! We were on the freeway, and I might add in not the best part of town. At that time, people didn’t carry cell phones – car phones were for James Bond, or in the movies – not something your every day family would own. Fortunately we were not too terribly far from an exit where there was a gas station. My husband had to leave our family in the car while he walked to the gas station. When my husband left we prayed for his safety and then waited. I guess I didn’t realize how terrified my oldest son was until my husband safely returned and my son said, “Wow, we should tell everybody about this – they would get saved!” In other words, he thought it was such a tremendous miracle that his dad returned safely that if we told other people about it, they would want to put their trust in God for their souls! Now, as an adult I did not think it was a miracle, it was what I expected; but for my son I can only imagine what he thought as he saw his father walk in the darkness along the freeway; apparently he thought there was no way his father was going to be able to come back without the help of our Heavenly Father. You know what? He was right, and I was just taking God for granted…I didn’t see it is a miracle because I took for granted all that God does for us.

Everyday we witness miracles that we take for granted because God is so faithful. We expect the sun to rise and set – and not only that, but at the appointed times. Today, as you breathe without giving it a thought, as you enjoy the beauty of the sky, the waters, the clouds, and the various plants and flowers we see – why not remember our Heavenly Father that created all of it…for us. In creation God got everything ready for us and then put man on the earth and gave him dominion over all the creatures, and all the trees, plants, and herbs for man as well. We should all take the time to look around at all that God has given us and say as my son did those many years ago, “Wow, we should tell people about this – they would get saved!” Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us–ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Psalm 40:5

Have a wonderful day today ladies. I love you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis

And They Lived Happily Ever After