Who Am I?

This past September my husband and I saw our youngest son, his wife and 2 of our grandchildren board a plane to move to what felt like the other side of the world. I found myself sad, very sad. During that time I thought about the Lord and how God had to watch Jesus leave the glory of heaven to come to earth knowing the He would have to die for our sin debt and I knew that He knew how I felt. Of course we did not send Jon and Rachel and kids off with the knowledge that they would suffer; we have the joy of knowing that they are seeking to step out and serve our Lord. After feeling sorry for myself, I asked myself "Who am I" to feel sorry for myself when others suffer far worse than having their children move to serve the Lord... a good thing? The Lord encouraged me with these thoughts that I have listed below.

Who Am I?

I am an object of God’s love. Nothing I do can make God love me more and nothing I do can make God love me less.
I am a member of the body of Christ
I am God’s masterpiece

What am I doing?

As a believer I am a minister and steward of the mysteries of God. I Corinthians 4:1 says, “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.”
I should be serving and taking care of those things that God has entrusted to me.
I should be living a saint (one that is sanctified or set apart from this world to the Savior).

What is my future?

It is one day at a time – don’t try to live too far in advance…worrying doesn’t help anything. Romans 8:32 says, “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”

We don’t know what will happen, but we know that God is in control and that His hands are holding the future…one day I will be like Christ, John 3:2 says, “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see him as he is.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis

And They Lived Happily Ever After