The Blue Shoes

You know, when you want something, really want it – you will look for it. I can’t tell you the countless times I have taken weeks to find that perfect sweater, dress, or pair of shoes that I “needed” to complete my outfit. I remember one time I had purchased a dress for a special occasion, and needed a pair of navy shoes to go with it. I found the perfect pair at Penney’s, but they were out of stock in my size. Well, I found that the display shoe was my size, so I asked the store clerk if I could get that one – they looked in the stock room, and it was not there; they said that it was probably somewhere on the floor in the shoe department.

I looked through every shoe display, every pair of shoes on every counter and on the floor – and finally I even looked behind the wall display to see if perhaps it had fallen behind the counter. Sure enough I spotted a shoe down there (still not sure if it was the exact one I needed) and I went to the store clerk and let them know that I thought I might have found the shoe, but that it was behind the counter – they had to call someone from the custodial department, who had to get a special tool to move the counter – but success…I had my shoe! I was seeking for it, and I really wanted it – so I went to great lengths to get it… (My husband called it my “Lucy” experience). Now I said all of that to demonstrate that when we become determined to have something, we will go the extra mile to look for it…to seek it. The Bible says in Deuteronomy 4:29, “But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.” This verse is very encouraging to me for several reasons.

1. It tells me that I can seek the Lord from where I am (thence = from that place) and no matter where that is…

2. It also tells me that I shall find Him! What security! I shall find the Lord from where I am when I need Him, when I want His comfort and presence…I just need to seek Him.

3. The promise that I shall find Him is mine if I seek him with all my heart and soul. I need to be seeking Him sincerely – not just with my mouth… “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.” Matthew 15:8. In Matthew 15:9, Jesus states that those people are worshipping Him in vain.

You know, every store clerk in the shoe department knew that I was seeking for those blue shoes…in fact they knew that I was sincerely seeking for them because I kept looking and I didn’t stop until I found them! Do you want God’s presence in your life? You can find Him from where you are and if you are sincerely seeking for Him, you shall find Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The True Prize

Surviving a Crisis

And They Lived Happily Ever After